School Uniform Policy
From September 2019 school uniform will be compulsory for all pupils. This decision is based on the following rationale:
- To bring us in line with the expectations of the other 2 special schools in the authority, Highbury and Ravenscliffe.
- To have a consistency in approach to uniform
- To strengthen our sense of community
- From a safety aspect, children are more easily recognisable when out in the community.
- A uniform provides a clear, consistent object of reference for our children to relate to school, which supports their understanding of routines and transitions.
Our school uniform will consist of:
As many children already wear our uniform, to support families financially we are happy for the old style uniform to be phased out over a period of time, but for all future uniform purchases, please buy the new colours as the old style uniform will no longer be available from our outlets.
There are 3 ways to order our School Uniform:
In Store - from Monday 8th July 2019
Wynsors World of Shoes, King Cross Street, Halifax, HX1 2SH Telephone: 01422 382725
www.schoolshopdirect.co.uk or www.schooltrends.co.uk pay direct online and have your order delivered to your home address.
Please ensure that your child comes to school dressed appropriately and wearing appropriate safe footwear. Jewellery is not allowed except for ear studs for those children who have pierced ears.
Clothing and Personal Possessions
Please ensure that your child’s clothes (including shoes) and other possessions are clearly marked with his or her name.
Children will need to bring in both Swimming and PE kit on the days that these are required, again it is important that these are clearly marked with your child’s name.
All clothes will be sent home for laundering.
If your child wears nappies these need to be sent into school on a regular basis in a bag clearly marked with your child’s name.