April 2020 - Summer Term 1
Hello little Owls, hope you are all taking care and looking after yourselves.
I have put together a few suggestions of some sensory activities that you might like to do with your family whilst you are at home:
- Search ‘Sensory Spectacle’ on Facebook to make shakers with materials in your home. Remember to have fun exploring each material before making a wonderful new instrument!
- Search ‘Soundabout’ on Facebook to join in with a music therapy session using your new instrument
- Create a Sensology session- focus on each sense one by one and (if appropriate) explore something that you can see/smell/touch/taste as well as listening to the instruments you made or other things you can hear.
- Give your child a ‘story massage’- focus on different parts of the body using the Massage Strokes detailed below.
- Tell a ‘sensory story’ using www.bagbooks.org to help. You can find 7 FREE multi sensory stories under ‘DIY books’. It does asks you to register and it will then provide a password to view them. ’The Secret Ingredient’, ‘ Don’t Say Egg’, ‘Moving Day’ and ‘A Snowy Day’ uses resources you will likely have at home already.
Hope the above gives you a few ideas, take care and hope to see you all very soon!