Intensive Interaction is a wonderful teaching approach designed to help people who are at an early stage of development. It helps to develop the fundamentals of communication which are crucial in order for any further learning to take place.
The fundamentals of communication are:
- Enjoying being with another person
- Sharing personal space
- Developing the ability to attend to another person
- Concentration and attention
- Learning sequences of an activity
- Taking turns in exchanges of behaviour
- Learning to regulate and control arousal levels
- Using and understanding eye contact
- Using and understanding facial expressions
- Using and understanding other forms of non-verbal communication
- Using and understanding physical contact
- Exploring vocalising and using vocalisations in a meaningful way.
International Intensive Interaction Week 9th -15th October
We have had a lovely time celebrating the wonderful approach of Intensive Interaction this week!