Family Intervention & Designated Safeguarding Lead
Welcome to the Parents and Carers section of this website. My name is Sam Booth and I am the Family Intervention and Designated Safeguarding Lead for Wood Bank School. Within this introduction I would like to give you an insight into my role in supporting families.
What experience do I have?
I have an extensive knowledge of working with families, prior to this role I worked for Home-Start Calderdale for over ten years. Home-Start is a charity that offers support to families across a range of areas of need including housing, mental health, drug misuse and financial issues.
What support can I offer?
At Wood Bank we are very committed to building positive working relationships with our families and through my role I am responsible for;
Leading Annual Review meetings
- Supporting families with Education, Health & Social Care Plans
- Offering outreach to families, including conducting home visits
- Liaising with multi-agency professionals from within Education, Health and Social Care settings
- Leading and/or attending multi-agency meetings eg - Child In Need, CAF, Child Protection
- Monitoring Pupil Attendance
- Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team as a Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Promoting family networking through weekly coffee afternoons
- Signposting or referring families to relevant agencies and services
How can you contact me?
I have always had a passion for wanting children with special needs to achieve the best life outcomes and believe this is possible if families are provided with the right support. I am very friendly and approachable so should you have any questions or require any support at any time with your family, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am available on (01422) 884170 from 8.30am-5.00pm.
Family Coffee Afternoon
I run a Family Coffee Afternoon every Friday from 1.30pm - 2.20pm. Please come along and join us for a cup of tea/coffee, biscuit and a friendly chat with myself and other families.